My new friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is juvenile wild eastern water dragon has been hanging out in my front yard ( loves my tree and really loves those dead crickets I've been tossing onto the lawn ( for the water skinks and geckos ).

visiting-befriended-juvi-ewd.jpg

Been taking crickets from my fingers occasionally , today she let me pick her up - a couple of nice juicy superworms ( they arrived this afternoon ) did the trick …. nom nom nom .

Cheakie is not the least bit phased by this dragon , he even stole a few crickets right from under her nose this afternoon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Never seen one --- and this is a wild dragon? Interesting that it came to you- they must have a different habitat from the Australian dragons?
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KarrieRee":d39gsi1h said:
Never seen one --- and this is a wild dragon? Interesting that it came to you- they must have a different habitat from the Australian dragons?
It IS an Australian dragon--just a water dragon rather than bearded. :D

...And she's puuurty! (and purty cool!) 8) Love to see more pics.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tgnyene said:
Karrie

Lots of them right up the east coast of Australia ( SA, Vic, NSW, QLD) , like to live near swamps, creeks, lakes, and rivers and like bluetongues , very common to have them in suburbian areas if there is a creek or river or lake or swamp nearby and some woodland . Very common for eastern water skinks and eastern bluetongues to share the same territory , like water skinks , these eastern water dragons love water and can swim very well ( our local version of crocodiles ) in they can swim fully submerged and stay under for a long time.
More info http://www.arod.com.au/arod/reptilia/Squamata/Agamidae/Intellagama/lesueurii

Yes she's wild , and took a while for me to earn her trust ( first spotted her in November, but she's probably been living in my garden with some of her siblings for a while).

Didn't see her for a while after that bushfire , was very pleased to see her back in garden again.

Fully grown she'll be about 1m long and about 900g to 1.1kg.
The lady breeder I bought Caesar and Cleo off also breeds these , and lets her breeders have the run of her house , they make great pets ( every bit as good as bluetongues and beardies ) but are much larger dragon than beardie when fuily grown.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
OH THANKS, Now I gotta have one of those too, LOL!!! You have the coolest critters living around your house!!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those guys are super fun to interact with. Friendly (most of them) and curious. I had a great time hanging out with them in QLD.

76248-6834006379.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
About 30 minutes after the rain stopped and the sun came back out, my friendly water dragon was back , and was scratching at my front window while looking at me.

I eventually gave in and treated her to a couple of superworms .

I think Cheakie is back inside , as I've heard rustling about behind the corner of my lounge yesterday and today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom