Water dragon's Personality!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobi

Hello, I have been doing some research on the chinese water dragons and im very fascinated by them! But before I want to get one... I was hoping someone who owns or has owned one answer a question that I have. Ive been reading books :study: and googling but I seem not able to get this answered... Are they handable!? or are they best to just look at? I would be have mine out everyday.. but was wondering if that would even matter with them being relaxed and still tame... We own a Bearded Dragon they are very doyle... I have read that they are more active than a beardie but still doyle... and then ive read where people would say not handale and stress easy... :| I know no reptile "likes" to be handled, im looking for something that wont stress a lot and is relaxed and with some enthusiasm! :blob5: hope to hear your thoughts! Thanks everyone

synn

water dragons are sweet as a beardie if handled often, They love swimming in a tub and the color of a healthy WD is incredible.
My boy Dante is laid back and such a sweetie .
One tip you might want is a WD is sooooo quick never take them out of their enclosure without a harness and the juveniles are a bit flighty. without a harness they take off :banghead: like a shot.

ynevar

Juvie Member
We learned the SPEED of the WD just recently OH my goodness...

Sweet lil thing but boy are they FAST....WOW!

We are handling him and working with him so we hope that he becomes as sweet as my beardies.

He is a rescue we did that was advertised as a beardie.

Marcy

phobi

Original Poster
Thanks guys! for the info I have someone who wants to rehome me two... a male and a female. I think im just going to take the male since theyre more pretty. But it depends on both their personality! which one is more calm... :D

Tabetha71

hello www.beardeddragon.org and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content Ensure that you update this again soon Best regards!

Nutzrus

Hatchling Member
i have a CWD about 1-1/2 years old female shes a bit flighty when first taken out but calms down quick after a few min. shes the sweetest thing even plays dead by laying on my hand on her back. I personally think they are great but do agree they are FAST and will bolt if your not careful.

Sadly both of my CWD passed back in the 90s, and I haven't had the opportunity to have any more, but they are an amazing lizard. Our female, Emerald, or Emmy as she was used to would come to her name. She hung out on you, she loved to bask on people. She loved everyone. She went to 2 seperate Elementary schools and was the most patient inteligent lizard I ever had.

Then there was Dufus. Dufus was a 'special' lizard. He was an adult when we got him, a rescue, and he had severe nose rub, as in his bottom jaw was in 2 pieces -- this never slowed him. He was hilarious and friendly. He went to two different ren fairs as part of a herp society doing eduacation (he was a dragon after all) All the little girls loved him and I swear he showed off for them. He was hilarious.

CWD have huge personalities. One time, my cat got into the cage and while Emmy bit the cat (which did send him running) Dufus came running out to the living room and ran up to where my husband was working on the computer and stared at him as my husband was like, what are you doing out? Yes, he came and got help.

They really are a wonderful lizard, but my 2 were more energetic than any of my friend's adult beardeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom