keep the humidity right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
We were wondering if it is ok to have the reptile carpet all wet in the tank to keep the humidity at a good level. Is this alright for his feet? Or there issues that I'm not thinking of that may arise?

lundy321

i dont use reptile carpet. i used bark up until this weekend. It keeps humidity well and its soft if they jump from the top for food, but it also attracts other bugs..i recently put in linoleaom on the walls and bottom of my tank, its easy to clean. Get a mister thats your best bet. Depends on your tank and i could give you more ideas, mine is 5 ft tall so idk what your keeping yours in or what size your dragon is.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We have a little itty bitty guy right now. We are using a glass 30 gallon taller tank. My husband will be building another viv as he gets bigger. :) Will the reptile carpet being soaked harm him?

Morquinn

Gray-bearded Member
It might mold (the carpet) Using live plants and moving water will help with humidity as well.

Nutzrus

Hatchling Member
i had a hard time with humidity till i made his enclosure bottom half water with a heater and a filter (used a turtle filter) and the other half clean no additive soil with some plants in it. humidity stays above 70% now also covered half the screen top with plastic wrap.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Thank you for posting that, I am trying to keep my lil guys viv humid. I have paper towel as substrate for now and will get an area damp and leave some dry for him to walk on too...

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Also what I suggest is putting towels ontop of the left and right side of the cage and leave the middle open for oxygen I seen it on a snake video on YouTube some guy was doing it to keep his snakes tank humid try it it might work

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Ur just lucky I like to watch lots of YouTube videos of reptiles lol I hope your stanley gets better and gl with the humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom