Australian Water Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any owners or people knowledgeable about the care and behavior of Australian or Eastern Water Dragons or know if there at all similar to the care and behavior of beardies? I'm researching getting one and just wanted some input

Cammy

Their care is the same as the Chinese water dragons, which have a lot more care guides out there for you to read. They are not similar to beardies as far as care goes. They need a huge cage--a minimum of 6 feet long, 3 feet deep, 6 feet tall, PLUS an additional water space that is large enough for them to submerge themselves in and covers 1/2 to 2/3 of the bottom. Cage needs to be 6 feet tall FRON THE SURFACE of the water. They are purely insectivorous, unlike beardies who will eat mostly veggies as adults. They have a high tendency to become aggressive if not handled daily, unlike beardies which are as tame as it gets. They are tropical, arboreal reptiles rather than desert, ground dwellers like beardies. They get 3-4 feet long compared to a beardie's max 2 feet. As you can see there are a lot of differences between these animals. Make sure you do plenty of research and can provide all of the necessities before getting an AWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom