New to CWD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradlush

Hi, I have two baby CWD's being delivered tomorrow, I know that its a large undertaking but I have the time and money for it, even if they have to be housed separately later. Does anyone have any advice?

Morquinn

Gray-bearded Member
I would try and get fecals done asap on both to make sure they arent carrying parasites (or one having them and the other not and possibly getting them) Keep your enclosure big enough for the both to have their own space, and eventually when they are old/big enough to sex, take the precautionary measures of possibly having to seperate (most likely with two males, but you also dont want a male trying to court a female too young, so in that situation you might also have to seperate for awhile) Let me know if you have any other questions.

bradlush

Original Poster
Will do thanks, I have them now and they seem to be in good shape, but I'll be taking them to the vet in the next two weeks, found a vet in walking distance of my apartment that is into herps. I'll get the fecal done and to be safe I may start a second terrarium. Thanks again.

I will make my suggestion. Try to get them eating some veggies now. I made the mistake of not giving enough veggies and mine will not eat veggies so I have to make sure the feeder have eaten good before they get fed to the dragons. Also remember the bigger the better for climbing. They loves to climb and make sure you are misting there cages at least 3 times a day and have a swimming area. I have had one mine fore 2 years. One was a recues and is will never be good climber again because of the calcium deficiency. She had both front legs broken and was never taken to the vet by the time I did they tried setting them but it did not work at all. Good luck. Feel free to ask any more questions.

bradlush

Original Poster
Thanks, but I forgot to mention that I gave them to someone else, they are now at their new home, with a very experienced reptile owner, and doing very well. Her water dragon was all alone :( but now has a couple of new friends to play with :) , apparently they get along very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom