Considering a CWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypancistrus

Hatchling Member
I am considering adding a Chinese Water Dragon to our collection. This would be a combo birthday/Christmas present from my GF, so not until mid-late Fall would I have the cage and system. I am currently looking at the Animal Plastics A20 arboreal cage. It is 48" x 24" x 36" high. I know a fully grown adult would need a larger cage, but I hope that this would work for a year or two for a single dragon. Like I said, I am in the process of researching and planning this out.

Anyone have any suggestions with regards to caging or set up?

Also, I know that most, if not all CWD's are imported from Asia, typically Vietnam. Because they are wild caught parasites can be a worry. I do have access to a qualified herp vet, so I can have a fecal done if need be. Then there is the issue of where to purchase it from. My GF works for Petsmart, and I have worked for Petsmart in the past and am not overly thrilled with the idea of buying one from them, but I am not sure where else to get one. I don't know if they are seasonably available or available year round. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom