My Gippsland water dragon won’t eat greens

Yup, you guessed it, this forum is for topics on Water Dragons!

My Gippsland water dragon won’t eat greens

Postby Ashton2002 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:02 am

I’ve owned my 7 month old water dragon for around 5 months now, at the beginning when he was smaller (they grow quite quickly) I only fed him mealworms mixed with salad and some calcium dust, but after the first couple months I converted to feeding him large crickets, earth worms and a coupla super worms with calcium dust every now and again because I read somewhere that gut loading them with insects during their first year is good, but now I’ve been trying to get him back on the fruits & veges (banana, strawberry, rockmelon, salads, carrots) now that he’s getting bigger but he refuses to eat them, should I be stubborn and only feed him greens until he caves and eats them or should I wait till he gets older and continue to feed him only insects, any methods or advice would be fantastic.
Ashton2002
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My Gippsland water dragon won’t eat greens

Postby Wickedpogana » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:10 am

Most water dragons dont eat greens it isnt as much needed as a beardie would need . A water dragons green consumption should mbe about 10 15% they eat mostly insects and also eat Fish Mice and Snails as often as you can offer them
Their much more spunk then our loved beardies Bigger , stronger and have a more hardy stomach you could feed a full grown mouse to a water dragon possibly once a week they also eat crab . Greens to feed would be like escarole endive and dandelion green . Water dragons love fruit my cousins go crazy for fruit
Last edited by Wickedpogana on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO - You Can take a Beardie out of the Wild but you cant take the wild out of a Beardie

Re: My Gippsland water dragon won’t eat greens

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:12 am

Moved by Moderator from Website Comments to Water Dragons
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Water Dragons