bearded dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I wouldn't, these would be opposition to each other. Only thing to ultimately come of this scenario would be harm to one of the lizards. Beardies are territorial and at an age of ~2 months start to show this trait. Frillies are an all around aggressive lizard towards other lizards or pets. Just best to keep them separated. :wink:

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
I would not house them together. Their requirements are totally different and beardies are more aggressive than frilleds. Frilleds are very timid. The humidity needed to properly house a frilled dragon would cause a URI in a bearded dragon alone. Frilleds also need much taller enclosures than beardies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
civicgrl88":2g3o4t51 said:
I would not house them together. Their requirements are totally different and beardies are more aggressive than frilleds. Frilleds are very timid. The humidity needed to properly house a frilled dragon would cause a URI in a bearded dragon alone. Frilleds also need much taller enclosures than beardies.
Frillies are timid?

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
Beardednoob":vanucckw said:
Frillies are timid?
Yes very. That's one of the reasons why it takes much longer to tame them and get them used to people. They aren't as willing to be around others even their own species and always try to run rather than fight unless it's over a female but even their "fighting" is just frilling and trying to outsize the other

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, frillies are very timid. My little man seems to be scared of everything but me. While frillies eat just about the same things as beardies and have the same lighting requirements they are opposites on just about everything else. They need much more humidity, and need a tall cage and 2-3 basking lights and rocks and trees and tons of decor to climb around on and hide in. Plus unless you are sure it is a community pet, in my opinion no critters should be housed in the same cage.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
OgleRpets":2xmccaon said:
Yes, frillies are very timid. My little man seems to be scared of everything but me. While frillies eat just about the same things as beardies and have the same lighting requirements they are opposites on just about everything else. They need much more humidity, and need a tall cage and 2-3 basking lights and rocks and trees and tons of decor to climb around on and hide in. Plus unless you are sure it is a community pet, in my opinion no critters should be housed in the same cage.
Oh yeah I agree, just every Frillie I have ever seen wasn't timid but, I have never had one as a pet either, just kind of took me by surprise. :D

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
civicgrl88":1672tbx7 said:
They can definitely come off as aggressive but 9 times out if 10 it's a bluff

I just joined your forum and subscribed to you on youtube! I love it! We have finally decided (for sure) on a name for our frilled. I'm working on my intro thread now lol

I've haven't seen anything even remotely aggressive so far, lol
Of course he is still a baby... :mrgreen:

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
Glad to have you on board and I will be sure to check your intro thread and properly welcome you in the AM as well as subscribe to you as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom