Hi all :) Updated with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, My husband and I were interested in getting a Frilled dragon. Do any of you have a breeder that you suggest?

Where did most of you get yours if you dont mind ? :)

Well I couldnt resist to add a couple pics of Louie and Stewie as well...they are pretty jealous at the moment :)

Stewie recently came out of brumation and is slowly coming back to his old self.

245.jpg

249.jpg

This one is Louie... hes still wanting to sleep all the time but graced us with a stink eye when I bothered him for a pic :)

255.jpg

And here is our newest addition. I initially went into the pet store to find the things I needed to prepare for a Frilled but ended up buying one that they had by mistake. They dont generally have them and ofc his habitat was all wrong. I couldnt stand it so we bought him up and took him home on the spot. We dont know if its a he or a she yet...for now I will call it Lily.
Lily is very skittish and acts as though she is terrified of us atm so we are just trying to let her chill out a bit and get used to her new surroundings.
The pics arent the best...hopefully she will begin to trust us and I will get better ones soon.

264.jpg

262.jpg

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Hi Mojo,
Frilled are a diff type of dragon than a bearded dragon.
I will pm you a friled forum as well as a breeder I know.
T

Mojorisin3381

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":caqnlaer said:
Hi Mojo,
Frilled are a diff type of dragon than a bearded dragon.
I will pm you a friled forum as well as a breeder I know.
T

Hi, and Thx Tom!

We just moved into a new house and we have sooo much more room dedicated to these guys that we figured we would expand our family a bit.
We love our beardies so much that the next natural step was a frilled imo.
Ive done quite a bit of reading so far but I thought I had read alot on my beardies too :shock: yet they manage to amaze me everyday with something new :)

I really appreciate the links.

Mojorisin3381

Original Poster
Thx! She is extremely cute imo as well :D

Yes i will try again tonight to get a few better pics of her, she let me hold her this morning sooo...with any luck she will sit still for a few better pictures.

Mojorisin3381

Original Poster
Here is a couple more we got the other day.

049.jpg

050.jpg

These were taken the other day... I got her out so she could run around. My husband picked her up and I was going to put her away. As I came towards her...she stood right up on hind legs and frilled. So ofc I said AWwwww lol and grabbed the camera. Even when shes trying to show me how mean she is.. shes still adorable :)

She has some attitude!

She is still very skittish. She hisses at me alot and frills. She acts like she wants to eat my face :D but I keep gently trying to hold her or to pet a leg or hand.
Im hoping continuously trying to have some kind of interaction with her will eventually bring her around. She has never tried to bite though.. she just acts like shes a badass.

As for her health...
When we bought her she was missing a finger :( I am almost positive it was due to retained shed, Like I said...the pet store completely failed in taking proper care of her.
She has been shedding since I got her it seems. Very sparatic and difficult shed. Ive just been making sure that she has baths and sprayed. Ive been checking her appendages closely to make sure the shed isnt building up and so far so good.
She has taken a liking to crickets. Right now that is her primary food. Ive offered a wax worm for a treat and superworms but she showed no interest. No interest in any veggies or fruit yet either.

As far as I can tell shes eating well, pooing normally, drinking from her dish and a dropper with no problems.

Mojorisin3381

Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":11xkz141 said:
Awww she is a doll but she does not look happy. :D

Thank you, but yea, she still hasnt warmed up to me yet. Actually to anyone for that matter. The guys at the pet store seemed to be real douchebags so im sure there was lots of glass tapping and just trying to piss her off in general in order to see her frill.
Im hoping she will respond to our calmer environment :)

NYDragon

Hatchling Member
Aww, she's just too stinkin adorable!!! I want one of them someday. Petsmart actually had one for sale last weekend, which I was really shocked at. And an even bigger shocker, she looked fairly healthy. Quite tempting! I'm sure she'll warm up to you soon enough. Maybe with some feeding sessions and quiet handling it will be even quicker :D

Mojorisin3381

Original Poster
Thx for all the compliments guys...if she could blush im sure she would. :)

She seems to be doing ok, shed is still coming off sparatically and she still frills at me any time i put my hand in her cage lol.
Funny thing is, if im rubbing her feet or belly, shes fine. If i just stick my hand in to change her water etc, she gets all pissy lol.

I looked for a pic of you Louie, MM, but didnt find anything. Unless thats Louie in your avatar.
Im sure they are adorable :)

My Louie used to be a Lois initially. Til we figured out otherwise lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom