soon to be owner, couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
hi, i am supposed to be getting myself a beautiful new frilled this coming sunday, hes only about 5 inches right now, i plan to build a custom cage when he gets a little bigger but ive been reading that it would be best to keep him in something smaller due to his size so he doesnt get lost in such a large space. my questions are, what would be a good size tank/cage to house a youngin that small and i know it all depends on how fast he grows but roughly how long until he will need a bigger cage, appreciate any help

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
A frilled lizard ? Not a bearded dragon , yes ?

They usually like tall thin enclosures, as they live in the canopies of the trees they hunt and live in. Also, this gives them the idea, they are KING ! lol.

I know someone who has those, and her enclosure is 6' high, 4' wide' 6' long, but hers is a palace!

I would say minimum is the 6' high, 4' wide and 4' long.

Hope this helped !
Janie.

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks. that enclosure sounds massive, i think if i had that now and put the little guy in it id probalby lose him :lol: i was planning on goin 6hx4wx2 1/2d but if 6x4x4 is recommended then ill go ahead and go with that.

oh, and yes, a frilled lizard not a beardie

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You are in for such a treat with a frilled... Just wait until he/she gives you the full frill ! Make sure you keep the camera handy !
That sounds just fine !
Janie :)

dragonslare

hey there,
congrats on getting your frillie,their quite abit different then raising beardies thats for sure,requiring alot more space,besides our 40+ Beardies (plus thirty eggs cooking)and Mountain Horned Dragons,we got a frillie.Bought as a pair,within weeks are male died,and the female came close to dying also,but where able to nurse her back,hand feeding her,so where now looking for another male,she's been eating real good now for afew weeks and is in a shedding.Heres a pic of the enclosure I built for them.more pics on our flickr site of the frillie and Beardies,flickr name is ," dragonslare". As babies their alot jumppier than beardie's.

3619982141_1bee6e3164_o.jpg

3619982165_d4af602aa5_o.jpg

Joe M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom