Are frillys nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 little beardies, and I was wondering if frillys are as tame as beardies? Are they nice? mean? Do they get really big? I JUST saw a frilly at the pet store and was wondering if there like beardies, info would be GREATLY apprecated!!!

Eventide

Hatchling Member
I've read that they're just as friendly as beardies. They do get bigger, though (up to ~30 inches, with most of that being tail), and require larger enclosures (vertical 2 x 2 x 4 ft). The males tend to be larger than females, so if size is an issue, get a female.

I will defer to those on the site who actually own frillies, though. ;-]

denise v

I guess it depends on where your from, frilled dragons can range between 18 to 26 inches for New Guinea dragons (found in pet shops). Australia's Northern Territory dragons are larger ,but laws don't allow export to the states here. As for temperament they really don't like to cuddle ,but more along the line of sitting & watching
As for care ,they do need more height then length and higher humidity( 60-70%) then beardies need. Most fd are skittish and this causes stress(not good). I have a male ,so with age he is getting better and doesn't mind me handling him. I feel I have to spend more time working with my fd then my beardies, so if you don't have the time I would suggest something else or buy from a local breeder who breeds cb(captive-bred) frilled dragons then they shouldn't be so skittish because of being handled often. I am sure more experience people can add more to this :)

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
gosh i havent posted here in a while, but to add on to what wat was said, i think as far as personality goes, every frilled dragon is different...my frilled dragon frank is just like my beardies as far as the sweetness factor and he actually will nuzzle into my neck around bedtime or make a nest in my hair one or the other...they say frilled dragons dont like fruits or greens but mine devours them (sometimes i think he thinks hes a beardie)...as far as enclosure size bigger is always better for them and make sure its nice and tall with alot of verticle basking spots and climbing spots...they do make nice pets if u have the time to put into taming them because it definitely takes longer than taming a beardie but it makes it very rewarding once u do tame them

jkrill

yes if they are i have 2 small frilled and they are great . Also yes much bigger enclosure needed for a frill and more verticle than beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom