Do leos slow down during winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
my two adult leopard geckos seem to hae less appetite so i was curious as to wiether it is because they are just slowing down during the winter? mu juvi male is eating like normal, so im assuming this is just adult behavior. just as baby beardies dont usually brumate, young geckos dont slow down? what do you guys think?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
June certainly seems to have slowed down. She was eating 20-25 mealies/day, and now she's eating more like 10-15/day. She's also not as active - I'm having to get her out of bed to eat. For June, that's a big thing... she's a very food motivated girl!

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Same with Gomez! usually he is a great eater, but yesterday he ate one butterworm and tday he ate two over a period of two feedings :roll: Jinx ate one yesterday and one today (i think). my Juvi on the other hand ate 6 over two feedings (at this rate he will be Godzilla by this time next year if he keeps up his good appetite) :lol: :roll: and hes half the size of the adults...
:banghead:

they also seem to be less active as well, just like you said.

at least im not alone! :mrgreen: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom