Girl or boy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
Hi! I got a leo about 2 months ago from Petco. I was wondering if there is a way to tell by looking at it if it is male or female?! I've got 2 beardies, and know how to tell w/them, but not sure w/leos.
Here is a pic of Gummi, I called him/her that 'cuz he/she feels like a dimpley gummi-worm w/legs,
(just to show off, not for sexing!):
IMAGE_095.jpg

IMAGE_093.jpg

sorry camera phone!
PS. Weird fact: I can see right through it's head if I look in it's ear.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is he or she? It is very difficult to determine at a young age, without looking at the vent area or probing which you really don't want to do.
It is very cute though. :D

Tracie

cplkitty

Look at the belly of your gecko. Near the base of the tail is the vent area. Depending on the sexual maturity of your gecko, you'll be able to see if you have a male or female. The male has an obvious chevron (upside down "v") above the vent area. They also secrete stuff from there. It's actually quite easy to tell, if you know what to look for. [url=http://www.leopardgeckoguide....ent/uploads/2007/05/sexing-leopard-geckos.jpg ;/url] Check that for a picture. I can't figure out how to add the pics yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom