June's New Bachelorette Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Since June has been so good about eating, I decided to reward her by upgrading her viv. (Actually, I've been planning to do this for a while - just didn't have time until now.) I didn't know if she would like it, or if she would just hide for three weeks, like she did after I changed her viv last time. I guess she likes it, because she's been out exploring!

Here is an overall shot of the new viv:
IMG_3819.jpg

That's her warm moist hide on the far left, warm dry hide next, cool dry hide on the far right, and a tree branch for fun in the middle.

And here are some shots of June-bug exploring:

What's back here?
IMG_3817.jpg

Time to go check out the other side!
IMG_3818.jpg

A new hiding place!
IMG_3830.jpg

I can go on top too!
IMG_3822.jpg

What's that?
IMG_3823.jpg

Checking out the new bathroom area.
IMG_3820.jpg

Who IS that stunningly beautiful gecko in the glass?
IMG_3828.jpg

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Wow June is sure being spoiled :D Love her new setup.She is just so cute.I always love June pics :D

frog

Sub-Adult Member
thats awesome. love the flowers on the floor! and the paper towel idea for the bathroom area is awesome!!! so so much easier than picking up every one out of the corner with a paper towel. all three of mine go in the same corner as yours does so that is perfect. im using that!

youve inspired me to redo my geckos vivs! ive never done a home makeover, time for one..

im really exited now! cant wait!

thanks for posting this, love it.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
so i re-did both the gecko tanks (i have 3 geckos but the two adults live together-the baby lives alone because i dont know if he is a male yet adn dont want to risk anything) and i love them! thanks for the idea, even though it wasnt meant to be..

sorry for copying you but it sounded do fun!.. :D

edit: june bug looks a lot like my Jinx! she was my friends gecko and couldnt keep her anymore so i took her in

frog

Sub-Adult Member
my dads camera is acting weird; i would take them with my phone but i dont know how to get them on the computer. sorry. :( i wish i was better with these kind of things...

oh, i forgot to ask- how big is her tank? it looks nice and roomy :D :D

Sara

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Its a 20 gallon long. It's probably more room than she needs (I've seen her get lost in there!) but I prefer to give them nice big enclosures. And hey, she seems happy. :D

frog

Sub-Adult Member
i agree. i keep two females in a 30 gallon and a juvi male in another 30 gallon below them. he has plenty of room!! when he gets bigger i may get him a full grown female if i can find one and hope he is nice to her, but i have to make sure he can have a room mate first 8) dont want anything happening..

the worst thing that happens with the two females is when they are eating someone mistakes a foot for a worm :roll:

is June he only gecko you have?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, she's my spoiled princess. Some clients of my vet's had her and decided that they were tired of her, and of course the vet knew just who to turn to. :roll: So here she is, all chubby and happy (I hope).

frog

Sub-Adult Member
haha similar story of how i came to Jinx. My friend owned her but when her father found out i kept leos too he said if i will take it se had to give it away. Im assuming he felt she didnt properly care for it because she isnt straight like my Gomez, she seems to have crooked bones or something. she doesnt have claws, her legs arent very straight and her back isnt straight. she gets around ok but not as easily as Gomez. and sometimes she has trouble grabbing food. i dont know WHY she is like that but her setup wasnt very great and she was fed superworms, lived on sand had no humid hide and had a light instead of a heating pad so im assuming she just didnt get proper care. she has also dropped her tail before, im almost certain. so in a way she is a rescue. she has definently improved since i got her. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom