First Crested Gecko Hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I had my first egg hatch last night, and should have a second in the next few days. Here are a couple of pictures. I'll post some of the next little guy that comes out when he arrives. Hopefully the color morph will be different. I've got two more clutches (4 eggs total) incubating right now. I don't know what I'll do with all the little fellas. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

2896482093_6eded5ebdd.jpg

2897324234_7f9cfa3a8d.jpg

Don't mind my dirty carpet...it's been a while since I vacuumed.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Cresteds are adorable, and the babies even more so. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

I hope they all do well.

ifonlytobreathe

Original Poster
Bad news. One of the two hatchlings died today, while I was at work. It's hard to say what the cause was. He was skinnier than the other, which I just figured was because he was a few days younger. I guess that wasn't the case. I don't know if he just wasn't eating or what. I have them on the T-rex crested gecko diet, but I think I'm going to start putting baby food in with the surviving hatchling just to make sure he's eating. I'm pretty bummed out about the loss considering this is the first time I've tried raising a clutch. I'm going to do my best to make sure the other one survives.

shadi11

BD.org Addict
Loss sometimes happens in babies. I lost my first one a couple months ago. so far I have hatched around thirty. Did you house them together at all? Sometimes its hard to figure out what might of happened. I would just concentrate on what you have to raise now. Looks like a very cute baby :wink:
With mine I havent had an issue on CGD. I dont use the t-rex CGD, though I use the Repashy kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom