Leopard Gecko newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

L. Lawliet

I'm thinking of getting a leopard gecko, and I'm just wondering how much they eat, and how expensive they are to upkeep.

Thanks in Advance!

frog

Sub-Adult Member
leopard geckos are very easy too keep. they dont eat too much, it depends on the food size though.obviously they will eat more of smaller feeders. how expensive they cost derpends on where you get it but i got mine from a pet store for around 25 dollars. a lone leo only needs a 10 gallon tank and a heater for that size so housing isnt that expensive. i use reptile carpet for them, it makes cages much easier to clean (i just throw them in the wshing machine when they need to be cleaned). they also need two hide spots, one on the warm side and one on the cool side. this should be a 'humid' hide, that cn have moist moss in it to keep it moist. it aids in them shedding. they need a water bowl adn a calium bowl and if you want a food bowl. i just feed them by hand, its much more fun :D
once you get the housing and the gecko they are pretty cheap to maintain. all they need basically is food.

by the way, once you get them used to handling they are great T.V. watching companions :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom