Tokay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
beardienewbie":4c7ff said:
I love tokays I just think they shouldn't be owned no matter what...thats just my opinion...
But they're so cuuuuuuuute!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I definitely wouldn't recommend them to anyone unless they were up for a challenge. We like to handle all of our reptiles, he doesn't get much.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
beardienewbie":60117 said:
I love tokays I just think they shouldnt be owned no matter what...thats just my opinion...

I don't know...
I think animal dispositions change over years over captive breeding.
Green Tree Pythons are supposedly notorious for going after the bite. But lately, "nice" GTPs are popping up, CBB babies, from CBB adults, from CBB adults. It seems as though their bite instinct is being lost a bit. People breed for disposition as well as looks.
It does seem like there is something to be said for the domestication process. I don't think Tokays shouldn't be kept; I just think a lot of people who buy them shouldn't have them. :D

I have a golden gecko, who's just nasty. She was a rescue, who was mistreated. She's gotten better in that she no longer actively attacks, just bites and doesn't let go if I get "too close"- whatever that means in her little head on any given day. Goldens are related to Tokays.

I don't object to the domestication of animals, so I feel like I can't fairly object to the keeping and breeding of Tokays. Maybe 50 years down the road they'll be a "nice" gecko. I do think it's always hard with any fast, wall-walking critter...

And kids, let's play nice down here. No need to get nasty for an opinion difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom