Spook the leopard geoko

My leopard gecko spook is losing a lot of weight I don't think he is eating, he only stays in his house, and his tank mate Sandy who we think is the more dominant one is becoming agitated when we try and go near him or pick him up... Spook is usually the bigger and thicker looking one now he is significantly smaller than Sandy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are both leopard geckos males, or male & female?
I would separate them for now, maybe using some type of divider if possible. Most of the time,
if one is starting to dominate over the other, usually the one being bullied wont make it or will
become very ill.
Do you have any pictures you could post for us?

Tracie

puppyluv363

Original Poster
Drache613":27auiqgq said:
Hello,

I would separate them for now, maybe using some type of divider if possible. Most of the time,
if one is starting to dominate over the other, usually the one being bullied wont make it or will
become very ill.

Tracie
We are unsure of their sex and Sandy is not bullying spook she is trying to protect him. she gets very agitated when we pick him up to check him out... like I said we don't know the sexes we are just guessing, they get very upset when separated, they grew up in separate tanks then some personal events happened and at no choice or fault of me and my husband... they ended up in a pet store once we were aware they were there we got them back and they were being homed together and hates being separated since. every time we check spook out Sandy checks him out and loves up on him. I will try and get you those pictures tomorrow.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, looking forward to pictures of them both.
Maybe you could try feeding them separately to see if that helps out?

Tracie

puppyluv363

Original Poster
Drache613":3f0di4t2 said:
Hello,

Great, looking forward to pictures of them both.
Maybe you could try feeding them separately to see if that helps out?

Tracie
I can't figure out how to post the pictures of them just started using this site

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, you can click on the "XIMG" here in the message box, to upload pictures to our
Image Gallery. Then, you can copy/paste the pictures using the IMG to download & post
here onto the message box.
How are things going?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks good, is he the smaller one then? How has he been doing, is he eating very
much yet?

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, thanks! Maybe you should try feeding them separately to be sure that he has equal
chance of being able to get some food.

Tracie

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Hello,

become very ill.

Tracie
I think you should sperate them. If that doesn't help, get Spook to a vet. They'll know what to do.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom