Leopard Gecko Hurt Toes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
So about two weeks ago I noticed that one of my gecko's toes was turning brown, which I know is not super uncommon because of stuck shed or injuries while shedding. So fast forward to now, and the tip of that toe has fallen off. He shed yesterday and lost the tip during the shedding process. I knew that he had shed while I was gone, so I went to check on him and found that he had somehow hurt another toe. This one wasn't caused by stuck shed though, because it happened suddenly. I'm thinking that he probably nipped it while trying to get his shed off, but it's had a considerable amount of bleeding. I put it in some corn starch to stop the bleeding, and also cleaned it with water before that. I was wondering if there is anything that I can be doing to help both the toe that had the tip fall off, and the toe that has suddenly gotten hurt while shedding. I'm also worried there may be stuck shed on other toes that I haven't noticed, and I want to make sure I avoid any other toe problems with stuck shed. But right now I'm more worried about the toe that he bit while shedding that seemed to bleed a lot.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Yeah that happens. I rescued a Leo and she had lost 15 of 20 toes. Be sure to have a humid hide in the cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom