Blind Crestie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello! I have a 2 year old crested gecko, Moab. He is in a exo-terra terrarium, 12x12x18". He has plants, and coconut fiber bedding, a water dish, food dish, repti-vine, and a exo-terra foam background to fit his enclosure. I love him so much, however he FREAKS out whenever I attempt to even touch him. He jumps to random places, even when theres nothing in front of him. I'll feed him from my finger sometimes, and he'll lick it for a while. But when I remove my finger, he still lick, almost as if he didn't know my finger had been removed. And he also has a problem with jumping to high in his cage, and hitting his head on the screen of his tank, leading to a sore head. I am just wondering if he could possibly be blind? I know its a crazy guess. But I am curious if its just a crestie thing or something. And how can I train him to want to be handled? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom