I suspect either a BOYNES GECKO or a native GEHYRA GECKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
My wife spotted our resident gecko on the timber trim under the kitchen window (inside) just now (10:20pm), didn't hang around long when she turned on the ceiling lights.

Been hearing it churping about dusk each evening , I think he wakes up then and might be calling other geckos or perhaps churping to tell other geckos this is his territory.

I've set up a incubator of sorts for the 3 L.Delicata skink egg, essentially, it's soaked sheet of scot-towel in a round ( ex- BSFL tub ) with a small plastic lid on top, the eggs are on a damp piece of scot-towel which is folder over them. The lid snaps on , and is ventilated.
P9110639.jpg

I have this incubator tub on the floor of Fluffy's tub ( stays about 26 degC overnight, and about 28-30 degC during the day), Fluffy's cool zone.
Fluffy was very curious about the tub , she investigates everything that's new right away. She's adopted the lid as a new basking spot.

Itchy has been looking for her eggs since I removed them from her and Scratchy's shared tub , but there isn't space in there.
The slightly sweetened water ( 2 or 3 drops from an eyedropper of CalciVet in the water ) is a hit with Itchy and Scratchy, they seem to have a sweet tooth , the solution is quiet sweet tasting and I've never had a problem getting rescued lizards to take it orally.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Godzilla or one of his pals was actually seen tonight, was exploring the grandson's pile of opened board games on top the big tub in front of the tv .

He's doing very well and looks bigger now.

So a least one in the kitchen, one in master bedroom, and one in the lounge room ( we hear churping off and on most late afternoons and nights ).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Must be the day for lizards.

Cheakie returned and is back in his tub this afternoon.

My wife spotted two fat ( pregnant ) pregnant skinks keeping company with Cheakie whilst basking near the old ( now empty ) tower of pots , and the handyman reported seeing several large and small skinks in my yard near and in my shed today while he was working on finishing the cabinetbase and the frames for the new enclosures.

And this evening we heard a plastic glass fall over in the crockery cupboard , and when my went to investigate she discovered a gecko in-between the glasses , which objected to the sudden brightness and her proximity and promptly dashed out disappeared under the fridge. An adult G.Dudia ( Godzilla ??? all grown up ?? ) from what I saw ( about 5 inches long )..

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Just sitting on my front patio watching the lightning display ( 1am ) , no mozzies yet , been too dry and no king tides ( we get lots of mozzies in summer a few weeks after the king tides or after summer rain ( flooding , which haven't eventuated yet ) so it was pleasant on the patio in the dim light , went outside as I can hear a bit or churping going ( gecko churps ).

When I shined my headtorch around I spotted several very small nocturnal lizards (geckos) on the bricks and walls ( catching moths I think - lots of moths about ).
Little grey jobs like Godzilla , only very small , about 20mm long ( very young hatchlings I think ) , and they were making the churping chorus.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Definitely have a colony of wild geckos around my house at the front , tossed some dead crickets out this evening at about 9pm onto the grass near my big 6m x 3m bed and not long afterwards we had a churping chorus going on and I even spotted one gecko ( definitely a full grown G.Dubia on my front patio and heading up my front wall towards the light).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
The bigger geckos are grey / tan jobs like Godzilla was .
The baby / hatchling geckos ( presumed the same species ) are a lighter grey colour .

They seem to really like our front patio and eaves as my wife spots a few each night when she pops outside to put stuff in the bin.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Was quite warm and tropical outside last night when sat on the front steps for a while about 1am , til I was driven back indoors when the mozzies found me.
Lots of mushrooms popping up all over my front lawn , especially under my gum tree and my lawn is suddenly green and growing again.

The resident gecko was active in my kitchen last night . Heard the distinctive churps every couple hours from somewhere near my kitchen window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom