Mold... it's going to rule the world someday. + Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
So I have been fiddling with my crested gecko's enclosure a lot, and I have been trying to make it more naturalistic and better for him.

But I have been having a huge problem with battling mold. It gets all over my driftwood in there and I need some suggestions on how to eliminate it.

I Want to eventually do a bioactive vivarium for him when he is full grown and I have researched the subject more. I have it all fake plants in it right now as he is still tiny (3-4" and 11 months old).

Also, is there such a thing as too much leaves? I have a ton of leaves but I don't want to overwhelm him (sorry if that sounds dumb, I'm still a bit new to Geckos).

So If there were some more experienced crested Gecko keepers out there that could lend me a hand and answer some of my questions that would be greatly appreciated. :D

Photos:
View media item 61037View media item 60736View media item 61082View media item 60706
Thank You in advance! :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hmm, well unfortunately his tank doesn't have the best ventilation, as it is a ten gallon tank flipped on its side. But I will try that. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thankfully I have eliminated the mold problem a few months ago but, ever since I added a golden pothos plant to it and My Mistings has led to having a huge pool of water to acclimate at the bottom of the tank each night.

So I have been draining out and replacing the paper towels every other day but it's becoming quite a mess. So Any suggestions for a better substrate that Holds water more without causing a watery mess at the bottom of the tank?

On the bright side Gizmo seems to be growing more and also loves his tank, He is always climbing up somewhere and really seems to be thriving. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom