Gender/morph help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourmaline

I got my first ever Leopard Gecko yesterday. I've had my eye on it for a few weeks now. It's very easy to handle, and it seemed like no one wanted it because of it's coloring. I like it a lot though.

I just wanted to see if anyone could help me figure out gender, I cannot tell. I think it's a female, though. It's 6 inches, so it's at the age where you should be able to tell. I also wanted to know what morph it is, it doesn't look like it's extremely common. I had difficulty finding anything that looked like it online.
93394-5111083137.jpg
93394-9560201717.jpg
93394-2012418453.jpg
93394-1288997196.jpg

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
You have a female — the easiest way to tell is to look for a V-shaped line of pores near the tail, which would indicate male (https://www.reptifiles.com/leopard-gecko-care/leopard-gecko-diseases-health/leopard-gecko-sexing/).

As for morph, it's really hard to say for surewithout knowing genetics. However, the forums at Geckos Unlimited have a whole section for identifying leopard gecko morphs. (http://www.geckosunlimited.com/community/leopard-geckos-morphs-and-genetics-/) You might want to try there. :)

Tourmaline

Original Poster
Thank you! I had a feeling it was a female going by some comparison pictures, but I wasn't very sure if maybe she was a younger male. I had a name picked out in case she was female, her name is Artemis.

And thank you for the forum link, I was having a hard time finding a Gecko forum that was active within the last 2 years. That's why I figured I'd post here and see if any Leopard Gecko owners come on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom