Potential Leopard Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
I am looking at replacing my aquarium at work with a Gecko...I know the basics of their care, but want to see what others thoughts are on leaving it alone on weekends.

I work M-F and would of course leave plenty of food out and use timers. Here is my plan:

10G tank....3 hides, 1 hot, 1 middle(moist w/ moss or coco), 1 cool. UTH, Red basking light, dish of calcium powder without D3 to self regulate. Dust feeders with calcium with D3 and vitamins. For feeders I would use primarily super worms(easy to keep in my office) but would give Dubia 1-2 times per week.

I would use tile for substrate due to the ease of keeping things clean. I would leave out a bowl of Supers on Friday and fresh water along with ensuring the moist hide was damp.

Does this sound feasible?

Probably but on the warm side of the enclosure you should have a heating pad under the tank. Also, as the gecko ages, you will need to have at least a 20 gallon enclosure for it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, a larger tank as it gets older. Dubias as a staple rather than supers....they can make your gecko fat + can potentially cause fatty liver disease. Leave the floor bare....they like to poo in the same spot and it's east to wipe up after.

On weekends it would be easy to set up a medium plastic tote + bring it home. If you have to leave it , put a few mealworms rather than superworms in his bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom