Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every forum I find on this topic seems to make me even more confused. I am planning on adopting a leopard gecko and I need to know how to house her properly. I was planning on using a CHE since uth terrify me, but I am open to reviews or suggestions.

So here are my questions
1. Should I use a CHE or a UTH
2. Which substrate is the best (depending on the form of heating)
3. I have heard there should be NO basking bulb, is this true?

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to throw in other facts or things that have worked for you guys as well, I want to make sure I give her a good home.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Leopard Geckos soak in heat through their bellies, so a UTH really is the best thing for them. As for substrate paper towels are best for babies and juvies, just so they don't eat anything accidentally and get impacted. For older Leos you can still use paper towels or you could use something like Eco Earth. You do not need any lights (Basking or UVB) for a Leo as they are nocturnal and bright lights will hurt their eyes, so just the UTH as a heat source. I guess also make sure to have a moist hide, especially when they are shedding, and watch the toes when they shed to make sure it comes off and doesn't get stuck.
I have never personally owned a Leo but I have read a lot about them, because they are gorgeous lizards. :)
Makayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom