Leopard gecko rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Took in a Leo from a local online posting. He's had some previous issues with shedding it looks like and his front left toes/fingers are knubbed.

Good news is he is alert, has great appetite, and is taking to taming well. I've upgraded his home (of course) from a 10g with a heat rock to a 20L with an uth.

The "leopardgecko" channel on youtube has been a good help but I wanted to check out this forum as well.

Hit me up with any questions and/or advice.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have experience with Leos so I can't offer advice, but I'm glad to hear you're able to give him a good home =).

mrspoodie

Hi there. Congrats on your new addition! We just adopted a leo last week (4 days to be exact) and I am so worried about her. Its hard going from a beardie that you know so well to this new little creature with totally different needs! I wish I'd had time to do research on leos before getting one, but our friends were just going to get rid of her and I could NOT let that happen. She seems lethargic, she's not eating or pooping, barely opens her eyes (when she does she licks them). I have tried creating accounts on the gecko forums but for some reason they all are weird and I never receive any activation emails so I haven't been able to post there. I'm so worried and frustrated.

Of course her setup is totally horrible so I am going to get that all straightened out tomorrow. I would have done it sooner but she seemed so stressed as it is, I figured I'd give her a few days to get used to her new view and the commotion of our home. ;)

When we got our beardie he was kind of in the same situation and it was so fun to watch him thrive in our care so I am hoping I can do the same for this sweet little girl.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. It has been different but in a way leis are easier than beardies. Once you get set up its nice and simple. I'll try and post a pic of my setup. My little guy is already spoiled on dubia roaches and is starting to shed :)
Still working on a humid hide though. And debating switching to the peel and stick tiles for substrate :p

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Love to hear that you rescued Leos! I've never had one, I have done some research on them, but not sure if I know enough to help.
AcceptableGeek here is an easy moist hide tutorial if your interested: http://www.herpcenter.com/reptile-articles/moist-hide-creation/

mrspoodie Sorry to hear the little girl isn't doing good, a vet would be best if you can, and maybe look into something like Carnivore Care to feed her since she isn't eating atm. http://www.amazon.com/Oxbow-Carnivore-Care-Supplement-2-5-Ounce/dp/B006H38VZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459426284&sr=8-1&keywords=Carnivore+care
Take care!
Makayla.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for the link. I've got a zoo med moist hide shipping in today. I like the look of it compared to the plastic containers. The little guy is doing well, healthy appetite and he has already shed once so I think he has more growing to do. It's fun watching his progress.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Your welcome! I agree with the looks, plastic just doesn't look good usually. :) Great to hear he's shed and is eating, you could start a thread and put up pics of him and keep us all updated with him if you want. :)
Makayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom