Leopard gecko rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Took in a Leo from a local online posting. He's had some previous issues with shedding it looks like and his front left toes/fingers are knubbed.

Good news is he is alert, has great appetite, and is taking to taming well. I've upgraded his home (of course) from a 10g with a heat rock to a 20L with an uth.

The "leopardgecko" channel on youtube has been a good help but I wanted to check out this forum as well.

Hit me up with any questions and/or advice.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have experience with Leos so I can't offer advice, but I'm glad to hear you're able to give him a good home =).

mrspoodie

Hi there. Congrats on your new addition! We just adopted a leo last week (4 days to be exact) and I am so worried about her. Its hard going from a beardie that you know so well to this new little creature with totally different needs! I wish I'd had time to do research on leos before getting one, but our friends were just going to get rid of her and I could NOT let that happen. She seems lethargic, she's not eating or pooping, barely opens her eyes (when she does she licks them). I have tried creating accounts on the gecko forums but for some reason they all are weird and I never receive any activation emails so I haven't been able to post there. I'm so worried and frustrated.

Of course her setup is totally horrible so I am going to get that all straightened out tomorrow. I would have done it sooner but she seemed so stressed as it is, I figured I'd give her a few days to get used to her new view and the commotion of our home. ;)

When we got our beardie he was kind of in the same situation and it was so fun to watch him thrive in our care so I am hoping I can do the same for this sweet little girl.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. It has been different but in a way leis are easier than beardies. Once you get set up its nice and simple. I'll try and post a pic of my setup. My little guy is already spoiled on dubia roaches and is starting to shed :)
Still working on a humid hide though. And debating switching to the peel and stick tiles for substrate :p

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Love to hear that you rescued Leos! I've never had one, I have done some research on them, but not sure if I know enough to help.
AcceptableGeek here is an easy moist hide tutorial if your interested: http://www.herpcenter.com/reptile-articles/moist-hide-creation/

mrspoodie Sorry to hear the little girl isn't doing good, a vet would be best if you can, and maybe look into something like Carnivore Care to feed her since she isn't eating atm. http://www.amazon.com/Oxbow-Carnivore-Care-Supplement-2-5-Ounce/dp/B006H38VZ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459426284&sr=8-1&keywords=Carnivore+care
Take care!
Makayla.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for the link. I've got a zoo med moist hide shipping in today. I like the look of it compared to the plastic containers. The little guy is doing well, healthy appetite and he has already shed once so I think he has more growing to do. It's fun watching his progress.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Your welcome! I agree with the looks, plastic just doesn't look good usually. :) Great to hear he's shed and is eating, you could start a thread and put up pics of him and keep us all updated with him if you want. :)
Makayla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom