Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Hello,
I have a leopard gecko and noticed that he likes to dig a lot. Is there any type of safe substrate I can put in his tank that he could dig in? I'm afraid he might get impacted by sand, so I don't want to use that. If I used wood chips I though he might get splinters. Anyone got any suggestions? Right now he's on repticarpet.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not familiar with care for Leo's but my guess would be that the substrate is similar to that of a dragon. Solid and easy to keep sanitary so the risks of impaction and infection are minimized. Non adhesive shelf liner or tile are good options. As far as the digging goes, I usually suggest a pile of fleece scraps for dragons, but I'm not sure how a gecko would react to that. It may be worth a try though, I don't think it would hurt.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks man!
Ha, finally I get an answer! I asked this question on another website for geckos and I couldn't get a straight answer.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom