Second baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been saying it for a while and it's already starting come true, I'm going to grow up to be a crazy old lizard lady!

My second ever reptile, a crested gecko. The little thing is just a baby. I got him/her from an awesome breeder from the CinCity reptile show and so far I just adore it. (Holly's jealous, hehehe)

Just wondering what I should expect from the little thing. I don't know why but, it just feels weird to me how it doesn't need special lighting or anything like Holly does. And the powdered food really has me feeling iffy. But, Holly's my first reptile and it's been just her for nearly 2 years now.

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
The powdered food is a complete diet, and you can add crickets or dubia to the little one's diet occasionally if you wish. Just make sure they're no larger than the space between her eyes and dusted with vitamin D3 powder. If you feed bugs too often, they'll hold out for the tasty bugs and won't eat as much of the powdered mix, which can result in health problems.

The two biggies with cresteds are the temperature and the humidity cycle. The temps need to stay between 65 and 82, with the outer edges of that range being iffy. The humidity needs to go to around 90% daily, which is usually achieved by misting. The ground in her viv needs to be able to dry out in between mistings, and very low humidity can be fatal. I have two whole-house humidifiers set for 50% humidity.

You'll love your first crestie. I say first, because nobody stops at one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom