new leopard gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
yesterday I was able to get a leopard gecko. I didn't have much time to do research and stuff, and the gecko came with a cage, lamp, waterer, and a little rock. I thought I would be okay enough since I have a bearded dragon. so far it has been alright. I need to get him so insects soon though. They said it was a come and get now or never, so if I didn't come get it, then they would give it to someone else. So, I got a new leopard gecko. It is a 5 year old male.
my only problem is that the last owners didn't take care of it the best. They had it in blue sand, and you can tell that the sand has been there for a LONG time. When I get the chance tomorrow, I am going to put him on a carpet. Not only that, but out of all 20 nails, he only has 5. his tail is short, and quite fat, and they told me that last year his tail came off when their son had had him out. probably their son grabbed it, or stepped on it.
since I didn't get to research a lot before (I'm reading a few books now though) can I have any suggestions?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
There are a couple good gecko forums out there, similar to this one that will have caresheets and advice. Look at geckoforum.net and geckosunlimited.com

I'd give the little guy some hides right away, you can make them out of plastic food tubs. Just cut a hole (no sharp edges though) in the lid so he can climb in. He will need three hides, warm, cool and a humid one in the middle.

KahliLizard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I will see what I can do, and check out those gecko forums. Thanks again, I will say anything if I have any other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom