My first geckos! [Pictures]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparx

I went to the local reptile expo and was planning on getting either a Tokay Gecko or a Leopard Gecko - although I was leaning more towards a Leo due to being able to handle it a bit more. Well, I went there and didn't see a single Tokay so I guess my decision was made - wrong. One final lap around the expo and there were three Tokay Geckos (wild caught) on the back corner of a table. I decided to look at them and handle them a bit and the gentleman grabbed one out of the container, let it bite me (I wasn't keen on the idea of getting bit xD) and once figuring out it wasn't half bad and that she calmed down tremendously after a few minutes, I got her. But I also had a favorite Leo picked out whom I already adored...so I splurged and got her too. I had both enclosures - but I was just planning on waiting to get one or the other. Oh well - they will all do wonderfully, I'm sure.

So, without further-ado, meet my Geckos!
Tokay Gecko - Wild Caught - Female:
photo-17_zps548a2eb1.jpg

photo-19_zps944781f8.jpg

Leopard Gecko - Captive Bred - Female
photo-15_zps3778f168.jpg

photo-16_zpsb9d774d3.jpg

photo-18_zpsc0a7395c.jpg

This girl was so nervous at the expo and she'd literally try bailing from the container. I figured she was worth a shot...and she definitely was. She's calmed down tremendously - allows me to pet her without being too freaked out and will gladly snuggle up for comfort and warmth!
photo-21_zps5badee6d.jpg

I love my new babies SO much! Definitely worth it!
I can't wait to fatten the Tokay up though! ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom