Shout Out to NEHERP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogismom

Hatchling Member
]Just redid my live viv and while lots of folks contributed to my original set up such as Pangea, LLL Reptiles, Bugsincyberspace, and Joshs Frogs...I wanted to give an Shout Out to Mike at NEHERP for all his guidance and help putting it together! Plus their awesome products for vivariums!

Here is pix of my new live viv for my crested gecko Petrie:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klj40xfvt4xqhl7/New Viv.jpg
sorry it is sideways!

I followed NEHERPS online instructions and prepped the plants prior to planting too. Let me take you on a tour of my layout….

Substrate:
• Hydroballs
• Mesh
• 2 gallons of ABG built up so the back is higher than the front. (Pangea & NEHERP)
• Micro fauna (Bugsincyberspace & NEHERP)
• Oak leaf litter (NEHERP)

Hardscape:
• Cork tile backdrop
• Magnatural Mushroom ledge glues on with E6000
• Cork branch across
• Cork tube under the branch for a humid hide
• Magnetic Feeding ledge
• Some rocks and large Bark for added ground cover and texture

Floral Arrangement from back to front from NEHERP:
• I put some of the Golden Pothos along the back against the cork tile. I have not attached them yet. I also added them to the bottom of the cork branch so they can fill in the space under the feeding ledge and eventually grow up the branch.
• In the back corner I put the Mahogany fern and trimmed it back a little.
• On top of the mushroom ledge I added some sphagnum moss and the NEHERP moss all along the back edge and sideI
• I also placed a couple of tillandsia from LLL Reptile in the corners and crevices on the ledge. I did not attach them in case I want to move them.
• I also placed the NEHERP moss in the cork tube and places that had crevices on the cork tube and branch.
• I put some tillandsia on the cork branch too
• The Sansevieria is up front since the ledge prevented me placing any height in the back. I did trim the tops at an angle.
• The itty bitty fern is nicely tucked at the front near the bottom of the cork branch.

Lighting is the Jungle LED from NEHERP with the Zoo Med Hood.
Watered it all until the level was no higher than about ¼ inch or first row of hydroballs.

I feel really good about how it all came out. Took me several placements before settling on this.

Now the hard part…waiting for 4 weeks for it to cycle so I can put Petrie in his new home sweet home!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom