questions and concerns (leos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anhoffman

I work for a well known pet supply store. This morning while stocking I discovered an almost full grown leopard gecko under a pallet. It isnt one of ours, we never had any missing. So a customer had to have left the poor thing here. I do believe it's a male haven't had a chance to really look at him. He was scared like no other. But my questions are; since he is a decent size, can I use sand as a substrate? All sites said sand but here. Can I use A ceramic heat admitter vs a uth? And how can I tame the poor thing?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I don't keep leos, but I think sand is a topic of much debate for them just as it is for dragons. In the short term kitchen towel and Tupperware hides are probably a good start. Can't help with the heat source, not well read enough. If he were to tame down (he may not), I think he'd first need to have some time to himself with his heat/food/water/hide needs met to calm down (a couple weeks).

Are you certain it is a leopard gecko? There have been a couple native lizards miss-identified recently, do you live in an area that has wild geckos?

Anhoffman

Original Poster
I do not know if I live in one of those areas. But here is a picture of him. I am 100% sure it's a leopard gecko.
20140530_152454-1_zps3435ff19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom