questions and concerns (leos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anhoffman

I work for a well known pet supply store. This morning while stocking I discovered an almost full grown leopard gecko under a pallet. It isnt one of ours, we never had any missing. So a customer had to have left the poor thing here. I do believe it's a male haven't had a chance to really look at him. He was scared like no other. But my questions are; since he is a decent size, can I use sand as a substrate? All sites said sand but here. Can I use A ceramic heat admitter vs a uth? And how can I tame the poor thing?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I don't keep leos, but I think sand is a topic of much debate for them just as it is for dragons. In the short term kitchen towel and Tupperware hides are probably a good start. Can't help with the heat source, not well read enough. If he were to tame down (he may not), I think he'd first need to have some time to himself with his heat/food/water/hide needs met to calm down (a couple weeks).

Are you certain it is a leopard gecko? There have been a couple native lizards miss-identified recently, do you live in an area that has wild geckos?

Anhoffman

Original Poster
I do not know if I live in one of those areas. But here is a picture of him. I am 100% sure it's a leopard gecko.
20140530_152454-1_zps3435ff19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom