Stunted crestie??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I acquired a baby crestie around september, and he has barely grown at all. he grew about an inch, thats it. I have him on crestie diet and in a large critter keeper with some custom made bamboo stalk with fake leaves coming out of it
(got it at reptile show) So can anybody help?? :( :(

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I critter keeper is too small and is meant for transporting, not an actual home. I believe they need a 20g tall. I'm going to link this thread to a friend who owns a crestie and would know more.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You need a 20 gallon tall tank for you baby. Also lots of leaves, the silk kind with the suction cups, you should have 2, one on each side, as they hide during the day, they're nocturnal, meaning they eat at night. Are you using Repashy as the diet? They need protein, too, so small crickets would be fine for your crestie, 3 times a week, about 4-5.

They don't need any lights if the room they're in is 73F at least. If it's lower than that, get a night light & put it in a dome on top of the tank. I don't use anything on the bottom, I've found it easier to have just glass on the bottom. They also need a small water dish as they like to take baths. The max length a gecko gets is 8", so growing an inch since September is good, they're not full grown until they're 2.

I hope this helps, here are a few pics of my tank for Bunny, she's 8 years old.
Waiting for crickets, I just them with Repashy as Bunny doesn't eat Repashy on her own:

She also has a stick that she loves to climb:

Sitting on her hide:

I have to go & couldn't find a pic of Bunny's tank, but hope this help you out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom