African Fat Tailed gecko issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, My name is Dalton. So my sister has a Fat tailed gecko that she purchased around maybe a year and a half ago, that I'm beginning to see issues while I temporarily take care of it when she is out of town or something. First, I live in Colorado where it is roughly a 10% humidity consistently, and even with the water dish and the misting, It is hard to reach the ideal humidity which is mid range. Any tips? Secondly, when they become adults shouldn't they continue shedding or will the process slow down greatly, because I have seen little growth and haven't observed any signs of shedding (I'm only watching him once or twice a month). I just want to know what y'all think since there really isn't very much out there about these geckos. Thanks!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I don't know much about African Fat Tails, but once they get to be about that age, they do shed a lot less. Shedding is a sign of growth so when they stops growing so much, they shed only occasionally.

As for the humidity, it is hard to keep the tank at a proper humidity level. What I did was for my leopard geckos was create a moist hide on the hot side so that it has all the humidity they could need in there. It's just wetted down eco earth and a cave.

What are you using to check humidity? If it is one of the stick on dials, those are notoriously incorrect and you might want to look into a digital one. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom