I'm kind of new to leos, is he going to lose his toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

I recently adopted two very sick leopard geckos. You can read the full story here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=202634

my question now is, on tugs' feet he had retained shed so I've been slowly trying to loosen it for him because I noticed the one tip of his toe turning black. Today I got it fully losened and he actually helped me pull off the "glove". I saw the vein in his arm turn really bright like it was happy to finally flow the blood properly but when it got to the bit right before the black toe a little bit of blood came out. He doesn't seem to be in pain and doesn't mind when I touch it, but I'm thinking this could also be because he is still very very weak and can't fight back.

I mean I wouldn't hate having a toeless gecko since I've seen lots of them, but is he in pain and does this sound like what's happening? Is there anything I can do to help him?

I see him sit on the edge of his water bowl with that foot in the water, and he spends more time in the moist hide then the other gecko so I think he's trying to make it better?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
When I got my first leopard gecko, Ava, one of her toes turned black from retained shed. We thought we were going to lose it, but it eventually healed. I think it depends on the ability of the leo to fight it and how far along it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom