Daytime Leo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I have a leopard gecko, roughly 5.5 months old and 8" long and he's different than my other two. My other two sleep all day and are up at night. Well this one, Koth, is always pretty much up during the day. I was feeding my TFS in the cage next to his just now and he was watching and I decided "What the hay" and offered him some small supers and he gobbled them up fast. He always puts up a fuss at night and sometimes won't eat. He ate a little last night. Is it possible his internal clock switched and he's diurnal? Or is something wrong with him? They're all in a well lit area during the day and darkened at night.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'd go with the daylight for him, seems to be what he prefers. Rocco is supposed to be nocturnal, yet he's awake a good part of the day, too. I know they're a completely different types of geckos, but he's always puzzled me, too. I can tell by looking at him that he's a big healthy gecko and there's nothing wrong with him, maybe he feels he's just losing out being up at night!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Maybe, who knows? He seems to sleep when it's dark. Maybe it's because the other two have a cave hide whereas his has an entrance on both sides?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Nope, he'd sleep anyway, wouldn't matter if it's light out. I see the leos at the petshop, very bright in there and they're on top of each other in the hides with the open sides, or sound asleep on the floor. Maybe he thinks he's a Madagascar Day gecko :lol: Either way, I'd just go with his flow!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Mylo is a night time guy for sure! :D But...If he suddenly chose the day, I wouldn't worry. It wouldn't be something that could hurt him. Koth is just a horse...er...umm...Leo, of a different color :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Just to make sure he wasn't pulling our legs didn't feed him yesterday until the night and he had one worm. Fed him today during the day and 13 baby supers were all chewed up.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Aw, the truth is that if Mylo decided he liked the day better then the night, I'd cry my eyes out! :shock: It's the only time I can cuddle anything! :lol: Your pretty lucky to have night time and day time leo's :D

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I would prefer all night time leos seeing I have four day time babies, but I will love him unconditionally all the same...butt munch. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom