My Mylo. (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Mylo
Preparing for Mylo took months. I made the decision to bring home a Leo after my Bearded dragon Myah went through her 1st brumation. I missed having something to care for and after taking an informal poll here, the Leo seemed like a better fit then a tortoise due to a Leo being nocturnal. :wink:

Mylo's Set-up:
So, After I had decided on a Leo, I found myself filled with anxiety over the UTH. I knew they were safe, I'm just the type of person who practices the idea of "Better Safe then Sorry" Especially with a young child :wink:

Here's Mylo's set-up:
(So, I bought this second hand desk on kijiji for great price. It's all metal! :D )

(Then I purchased the Exo Terra terrarium as the plastic around the bottom of the tank provides a space for extra heat to escape as well as having enough clearance for the cord to go under the tank without it being pinched :D )

(Here's the Zoo Med UTH. It comes with little "Feet" to elevate the tank for those who do not have an exo terra but ofcourse, I didn't need to use them:wink: )

(The UTH is controlled by a plug in lamp dimmer to prevent it from getting too hot :D )

(Next came ceramic tiles. A layer of sand was put under the tiles to distribute the heat more evenly. The "gems" are just for show and have been removed and the tiles fit snug enough to keep the sand where it belongs :wink: )

(I taped the probe from my thermometer to the ceramic tile to get a good surface temp reading 8) )

-There is no chance of a furniture catching flame or interior substrate getting singed. These are "extreme" precautions but they made me feel better about my choice.
-Thinking outside of the box saved a lot of money too. The used metal desk was purchased at 1/3 of the price most reptile stands sell for.
-I plan on painting the desk to match the viv. Paint goes a long way.
Black? Blue? White? suggestions welcome :D

:blob5: April 18th 3:14pm. Mylo came home!!! :blob5:
(His box...)

(His packing material...)

(Mylo! And his little cup)

(Iz a hammock wuver! Look at those silver eyes :love5: )

(Iz sleepy froms my trip mommy)

(This is how big he is in his viv. He was born/hatched Dec. 9th and is gonna be a big boy! :shock: :D )

Mylo's 1st day home was just filled with adventures!
(Good thing mama gived me 3 hides! :lol: )

(Oh, my freaking Gwad. I iz tired... :p )

(I see's da hide...but...it's so far aways... :lol: )

(Please you turn off da lights. Is Bwrite in here's!)

April 22:
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: BIG! BIG! BIG! NEWS!!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

So, for those who don't know, I purchased Mylo from "The Urban Gecko." I made sure to send photo's of Mylo and his set-up so all could be assured that Mylo is receiving proper care. Well, they got back to me today and were so impressed with the effort and uniqueness of the viv that They're gonna put it on their web site!!! :D (at least that was what was said to me :wink: ) I'm so excited! Think about how many people will see it then! Little O'l average me, with little O'l average idea's will now have one of those idea's on a whole site! Can you(s) believe it! I was shocked and flattered. I thought the viv looked quite simple but they really took a shine to it. It's gonna take a while to come down from this "Happy High" I'm just really blown away! :shock: :D

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Urban-Reptile/282413291811389

April 27th
Every mama needs an embarrassing baby pic :p
(Mylo in his bathroom... :oops: )

April 28th
After days of thinking Mylo didn't like his new home, I caught him exploring! :D
(Iz de king of de castles..! 8) )

(I don't knowz if I trusts dat bear... :p )

May 1st
Mylo really enjoys his moist hides :D
(Iz wuvz my coco fiberz! :love5: )

(No one seez me nowz! :lol: )

May 10th
Mylo, really starting to enjoy his time out :wink:

(Look at the size of this baby! :shock: He's only 5 months old!)

(I love his random markings! :D )

(So happy to be out! :wink: )

May 15th
It came to my attention, that Mylo needed a moist hide with top a entrance :lol:
(Look at this mess! :shock: :lol: )

(He has been tunneling! :eek: )

May 17th
Well, Mr. Mylo must have been getting very comfortable in his new surroundings. :D
(Afternoon Sleep :sleepy2: )

(Good thing I got him 3 hides :roll: )

May 22nd
I got a HUGE surprise today when I checked the babes after work. Tiny pieces of Mylo shed! :shock:
(Here's what I found when I lifted his hide! :lol: )

(Out of focus :roll: )

(Mean mommy put him on the carpet! :p )

(Got every angle :lol: )

(Mylo's shed bits. What he didn't eat :bleick: )

May 25th
My baby's getting bolder :mrgreen:

(*Singing* Spider gecko, Spider gecko... :lol: )

(Mylo: Whatz over herez!? :laughing6: )

(Mylo: I wuvz my sofaz! :love5: )

May 26th
Mylo really didn't like his very large Teddy, so I opted for something more Mylo's size :wink:
(Mylo's new little buddy :D )

(It actually a stuffed key chain :p )

June 7th
Top entrance moist hide with foam based clay :D
This will fix him! :shock: :lol:

Proper Leopard Gecko Stalking Technique: :study:

(#1 make sure you are sufficiently hidden)

(#2 Stick front foot in water dish to eye up prey)

(#3 Remove front foot and replace with back foot to strike)

(#4 Close eyes for accuracy and repeat as needed)

Behold my hunting Guru! :lol:

June 8th
Mylo is 46grams and 1 day away from 6 months old :D
(Starting his night time morning!)

June 17th
Mylo is 53 grams at 6 months plus 1 week old! :D
(I wuvz to climbz my momz!)

(Nowz! I explorez da knee!)

(Mommy haz spotty computerz! :p )

(Whatz dis..?)

(Mylo's painted humid hide)

June 19th
(Iz a snow leopard...gecko... :lol: )

(Iz likes it! :p )

(How do you seal a tiny rug..? Like this! :lol: )

(I saw I few threads about to fray, so, Mod Podge to the rescue! :mrgreen: )

July 1st
(My new bracelet :lol: )

(He's getting so big :D )

July 3rd
Mylo is now 54.7grams! :D

Well, he did it again. Mylo is on another web site!

And here's the link to Annie's site!
http://thewormlady.yolasite.com/

July 19th
(Photo Shoot! :D )

(Iz sexy and I knowz it! :lol: )

(Thanks for da hide mom. Iz nice to lean on :p )

(Gecko forum avatar :wink: )

August 3rd
Mylo is now 62.2 grams! :shock:
Ok, that brings us all up to date on dear sweet Mylo :love5: More photo's to come!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
He's getting so big and glad he enjoyed his new moist hide. He's so cute, love the front on pictures and the stalking pics were so good, too. You're doing a great job with him!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
-Thank you Deb! So kind of you to pop by! :love5: My life is much easier with nocturnal, reptile buddy. It doesn't matter how much I have to do during the day, we can cuddle at midnight! :D
-Speaking of day time adventures, I'm at it again :roll: I sold my massive TV Stand/Electric Fire Place and bought a much smaller wooden one that has 10x's the storage. I really didn't need another heat making, hydro sucking device :p I made enough profit, from that and selling my glass to then buy Annie a new used Storage bed. Solid pine with metal sided drawers and glides! It's beautiful! Four huge drawers and a space in the back, perfect for all her extra sheets and comforters! :D ALL her clothes from her massive and awkward dresser and her tiny side table fit in just 2 of the four drawers in the bed! :shock: I also bought a much taller dresser with much deeper drawers from the same people. Solid pine as well. I only have the one drawer full! And that's with winter gear :eek: :lol:
So now I have to sell off Annie's old set. I think I make my own life hard! :roll: I still have cash in my pocket from selling useless things to buy useful things, so I'm quite pleased with myself. I'm VERY serious about moving next year. I may have to hide Mylo from a landlord! :twisted: :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Mylo is just so cute and so darn photogenic. He's like Koth - always out. Nissa and Ava never leave their hides. Mylo is getting so big!!! Too big too fast!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Mylo will be easy to hide from a landlord, his tank is small enough to fit anywhere and cover up during the move. It's not like me with 8 tanks to move, that would be a little more difficult :lol: So don't think he's going to be an issue at all!
I'm glad you were able to buy Annie new things and with still cash in your pocket and other things to still sell, good for you! Have you decided when you're going to move and to where?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
zandi202":1ucl9i7h said:
He's like Koth - always out. Nissa and Ava never leave their hides. Mylo is getting so big!!! Too big too fast!!!
Thank you! Mylo is a BD in disguise! :shock: :lol: He loves to explore and wants to be up on my shoulder. He's fascinated by my eyes too. He'll place his little nose on my bottom lashes. No fear on that one. :lol:
sweetiepie9":1ucl9i7h said:
Mylo will be easy to hide from a landlord, his tank is small enough to fit anywhere and cover up during the move.
That's my thought. I HATE to be dishonest. It's really not my nature, but gall dang it! I've parted with everything! No more. I need Mylo more then ever now. Besides, it's just a little UTH worth of hydro. Hopefully I'll find a place where I can be truthful but I'm not afraid to hide him for a bit either! :p
-My cousin is on Holidays on the coast. She'll be back next week and then I can talk to her about St. Catherines. She has a good job and knows the city well. It's only about 25mins from where I am now so I hope she can help me a little. This time next year is the goal. I may have to move Annie into something very small to stay in a good area but the idea is to not be home alot so we're all ok with that. Rent for a year or 2 then get to where we're going :wink:
- Hiding 8 tanks would make you an illusionist! LOL! David Copperfield would have nothing on you! :lol:

Here's Annie's new/used bed. It must weigh over 100lbs! :shock:

Here's the back. My favorite part! :D

The dresser will be used for all her school uniforms :study:

And, Mr.Mylo :love5:

Growing like a weed! :lol:

(He wasn't very interested in having his photo taken :roll: :lol: )

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Hey Holly! I found Mylo's thread, yay!
Annie's bed set looks good.
My lord, that gecko is huge! I like geckos but
I'm gonna stay with dragons...and just look at
nephew Mylo.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
And he still has a long way to go before he's full grown, he's going to be huge!

Annie's bed and dresser are really nice, good choice, glad you found them. The extra storage is great, too!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
BlueDragon09":33anbd3t said:
Hey Holly! I found Mylo's thread, yay!
Annie's bed set looks good.
My lord, that gecko is huge! I like geckos but
I'm gonna stay with dragons...and just look at
nephew Mylo.
Hey you, welcome :D Yeppers, Mylo is no teeny tot! :lol: I feel guilty about Myah. I likely always will but it just came down to logic. :study: There's no point in her starring at glass walls all day everyday because we're gone so much. Mylo got to stay is because I have time at night, his smaller tank is easier to fit in our living space, the feeding expense is mere dollars a month and the hydro on a UTH is next to nothing. Otherwise, he would have been re-homed as well. I don't have the heart to keep an animal that's ignored. I re-homed Myah and Sara out of my love for them :wink:
zandi202":33anbd3t said:
Mylo is getting far too big.
LOL! :lol: I can't wait for next year when he starts to fill out. He has this silly outta proportion teen look to him right now :p There's no telling how large he'll grow but I'm really glad I went with a viv that's almost too big. It gives me alot of options for really cool hides while giving him room to move :D
sweetiepie9":33anbd3t said:
And he still has a long way to go before he's full grown, he's going to be huge!

Annie's bed and dresser are really nice, good choice, glad you found them. The extra storage is great, too!
Mylo's growth should be really interesting to see. I feel like I may have to watch his weight once he's an adult tho, he really likes his food! :lol: I love that bed! I wish I had one! Two of those drawers are empty and 3 drawers in her dresser are waiting for school uniforms. Storage! Beautiful, amazing storage! :D :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I still leave a dish for Mylo. I figured out why he locked himself in his moist last night hide too. I woke up to him knocking and banging everything this morning and thought I'd try to get another worm into him and this is what I saw:

(Next to his new alabaster :wink: )

Poor thing was rubbing on everything he could find and grunting like a guinea pig!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
He looks like he's wearing a hoodie and the hood pulled back. :lol: Sorry, Mr. Man, but that's just too cute and funny not to laugh at. His colors sure are amazing. They're really starting to pop more and more with each shed.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you! :D Those are his "angry" colors! LOL! He always looks darker when upset.

I love this pic:

Annie's finger polish matches Mylo :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom