Out of the blue question about leopard geckos-

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
My crazy mind randomly made me think: Are leopard geckos like bearded dragons? Can they not be housed together? Me and my silly questions, :roll:

so... Can they? :p I guess that females cant be housed with males unless they are breeders, but... :?:

Mushuspyro

They're not social creatures, but you can house them together.
As long as it's 2 females, and not 2 males.
And you can have a male in there, with 2 other females, if you ever do plan to breed :p
But yeah, 2 females usually get on fine.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mushuspyro":2l8czo1z said:
They're not social creatures, but you can house them together.
As long as it's 2 females, and not 2 males.
And you can have a male in there, with 2 other females, if you ever do plan to breed :p
But yeah, 2 females usually get on fine.
Thank you! I was just wondering. :)

drakedragon

Juvie Member
i believe 2 females can be housed together as long as they are both around the same size and the viv/tank is big enough.

you cant house 2 males together as they will fight and possibly kill each other

you can house a male with multiple females but only if you are planning on breeding them

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
It's *generally* recommended to house them alone as they will compete for resources. You can house females together if you use a big enough cage but it's not necessarily the best thing for them, for much the same reasons as it's not good to house beardies together.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Just like anything else.. make sure you have a hide for each lizard. Also.. sex does not trump everything. I have seen two males live together fine.. and I have had one female try to rip another females neck off. Needless to say I returned one female the same day. I have never actually housed two males together myself.. but I have seen the pair live together fine for well over a year.. and they full grown adults. All that said.. my female was much larger than my male.. simply because she catches crickets faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom