Thinking about getting a Leopard Gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I have my Leo on paper towel substrate in a 10 gallon.
Under Tank heater across 1/2 of the bottom of the tank
A hide over the hot side, a hid half on the UTH and half off going towards cool side
A humid or moist hide with 1/2" moist vermiculite in bottom. I made it by cutting a hole in the side of a sour cream tub
Small water dish on cool side
Very small dish of calcium powder
I also have a 4x4 piece of slate on the cool side under a small beardie hammock set very low for her to climb on or hide under.
Black light for heat directly over the humid hide.
Temp on hot side under light is 95 degrees.

MikeILC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shanny you are a life saver I swear to god... You are the best for info >.>. Lol. Please if you could post a picture here what your setup looks like so I have an idea. Thanks! :)

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I feel bad her tank is pretty small and cramped. We have a 20 long for her but we were using for a lay box thinking one of my dragons has infertile eggs so the poor gecko is still in her 10 gallon. She gets taken out a lot to roam, so I know she gets exercised, but it still looks really cramped with all her hides. I'll post pics later on and hopefully have her in a bigger set up soon!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
MikeILC":29bbub3o said:
You forgot to post a picture ;o haha.

OMG I am the worst. LOL!! I knew I would forget, I saw this and then forgot again. WOW. Sorry about that.

I love my leopard gecko - she is extremely cool to watch as she slowly explores the living room. Since they are nocturnal, they give us something to interact with after the beardies go to sleep. :D

I posted my set up in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=162376 And it has a lot of good pics back when I used ReptiCarpet, and you can see things better in those pics. I use papertowels now since they are so much easier to clean. I buy the Viva kind that is almost like thin cloth and they hold up extremely well.

I recommend getting a gecko. They are fairly low maintenance and they are interesting to hold and watch. They come in so many morphs, if you haven't seen this website you are in for a treat: http://www.paulsagereptiles.com/LeopardGenetics.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom