Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
That depends...which species are we talking about?If we're on the subject of Leopard and Crested geckos,it's much like Beardies,and scooping them,for me.However,hatchlings will be skittish at first.
As for Day Geckos,they're more of display animals,if I recall correctly.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
K so I want to get one

1. I already got the hide reptile carpet plants rocks Is that on and can I use sand oh also got a dish and thermometer

2. Can I house 2 toghther

3. Would a 10-15 gallon be good for 1-2 or 1

4. What do I need for heat and am I missing anything else

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
1.Both geckos will do just fine on carpet,though for Cresties,you may want to look into something that can hold in humidity as well.Cresties require plants to hide in while Leos will be fine with rocks and a hide.
2.Only if they're BOTH female,and even then,be sure to monitor them.Males should be housed separately.
3.15 gallons IMO will do,but for Cresties,make sure it's tall rather than long.
4.For the Leopard Gecko I watch (for my little sister),he does well with a Ceramic Heat Emitter and UnderTank heater.Cresties will do well in the 70s(no lower than 65,no higher than 85),but make sure you have a spray bottle for humidity.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I want a leopard I already have a beardie so I will have Crix so I run a heat pad 24/7 and a basking bulb 14 hours

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
Sounds like a plan,but if you've got a well-lit room,a basking lamp won't be necessary and you can just opt for CHE(for just heat.)

Jess

Extreme Poster
Zeusmybeardie":v90mdbj0 said:
K so I want to get one

1. I already got the hide reptile carpet plants rocks Is that on and can I use sand oh also got a dish and thermometer

2. Can I house 2 toghther

3. Would a 10-15 gallon be good for 1-2 or 1

4. What do I need for heat and am I missing anything else

1. No sand! You need three hides- On the hot side, on the cool side, and a humid hide. Just like for beardies, get a digital therm or temp gun.

2. I don't recommend it, especially since you're a first time owner. They get territorial too.

3. Some people keep theirs in 10 gals, but I prefer 15 - 20 gals. It's next to impossible to cram 3 hides + other accessories in a tiny 10 gallon. My senior citizen male gecko is in a 15 gal, and my little female has a 20 long that she makes very good use of LOL.

4. They need a UTH, no lights are required. And you NEED a thermostat!! Just plugging the UTH into the wall is very dangerous for them.

Check out this website: www.theleopardgeckoforum.com

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
K thx Jess idk I still haven't decided maybe I would rather just get a second beardie 1. Beardie may cost more but are more handling friendly and they stay awake all day and sleep all night but my friends gecko bites alot how does he fix that like it was letting us hold it we put him back in abit went to pick him up and then bit and he does this a lot more how to fix

Jess

Extreme Poster
Neither of mine have ever bit me. Stella was a little jumpy when I first got her, but she is an absolute sweetie now. If I stick my hand in her viv, she will come right over and crawl on me. Stanley is really good about being held too now. When I adopted him, he would do little "death rolls" whenever I picked him up! I only handle mine once or twice a week, and they are both incredibly friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom