Interesting Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Heh, you never know. The Galopogus island stuff grows huge as well. Who knows what animals we overlook in the deep jungles or oceans as well?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would have to agree with the article on the article, which posted this:

Fact or fiction? Real image or photoshopped?
We don’t know. But the cynic in us has these questions:
If the 64-kg gecko in the picture is indeed true, why is it not caged or tied? Shouldn’t a giant creature like that be tied so as not to attack people (or that diminutive cat beside it)?
The story was reported in May 2010, more than a year ago. Why are there no other pictures or videos of the creature? At 64 kilograms, this would have already earned the title of Guinness World Record for largest gecko!
If it was indeed brought to China, why did the Indonesian immigration allowed its export? A giant animal such as that would have been a national treasure and should be protected because it is rare.

Bolded were the key parts of the key parts :mrgreen:

Nevertheless, it is a cool looking picture! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Also it said a teenager found it in the forest.

Now I don't really believe that a teenager was able to get a 64kg aka 141 lbs lizard back to his town. Would you just try to man handle a 141 lb lizard you've never seen before back to your village/town/city?

And if he went to go get help to carry the lizard, what makes you think the lizard would stick around to be captured. If it was real, im sure it didn't get that big and survive the time it would need to survive to get big by laying around waiting for people to come get him! :mrgreen:

Sorry im going overboard with the flaws in the story lol.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I seemed to have forgot that part haha.
This is the first time im hearing that too.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom