Zilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

warnisha

Juvie Member
Just found this part of the boards!!!! lol! I am always on here for beardies but.... So we have a leo her name is Zilla, she's gorgeous. She was actually my son's first lizard! She started retaining her sheds and I didn't really know what to do as you aren't supposed to pull it off. So we would mist her and try to help her as best we could but she ended up losing her sight. It was so sad because she wouldn't eat because she couldn't see and was getting skinny and it was awful. So when we got our beardie I was talking to the lady in pet-smart (I know you roll your eyes but she is quite good and owns many lizards)...she recommended the critical care and some other ideas including bathing her. So with lots of time and TLC she slowly bounced back!!!! Now she is fat and happy as ever and can actually see again! I am amazed! I guess she is around 4 years old now and is doing great! We had some knowledge and bought the books and stuff but still were limited! We certainly didn't neglect her that's for sure or she wouldn't have made it this long but other than the basics we didn't know as much as we do now!

So there it is! Anxious to start reading more about leos!!!!!

warnisha

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She has a branch that I keep moist and only ventures in there to shed...if then sometimes..she rather prefers her rock! lol The set up is basic hide, moist hide, UTH, food dish, water dish. We had more in there when we first got her but it seemed to be too much so as we decreased she was happier and it was easier for her to hunt. Now the basics are all she has becuase she still has trouble with seeing I think...but she does just fine catching food thats for sure! She has gotten very people friendly over the last year as I "nursed" her back to health...got to the point that she would open her mouth when I would pick her up to feed her even!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom