Annoyed and rather mad (kind of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardediggy

Sub-Adult Member
Begin Rant

my uncle bought his son an iguana hes looks like a few months old maybe 18 or so inches long i figured they had not done any research (i was correct). christmas eve our entire family got together and i was able to look at his setup.... the cage used looks nice but is no were near big enough in the cage is a rock a rather smaller rock and thats it, the only lamp i saw was what appeared to be a flood lamp nothing else.

feeding consisted of iceberg lettuce, regualr round green peas and the said they have even fed him french fries :S before we had decided to go there i was intending on lending them my book by james hatfiekd "the complete iguana owners manual ®™©" which they accepted i also referred them to here and greenigsociety.org.

there iguana is a nasty little guy very defensive and angry i gave them information on taming and good things to feed them not fries!!!!

but all in all they dont want it anymore its to vicious for there tastes and my parents wont let me take it and care for it :banghead: :banghead: when will they learn that these things arent run of the mill lizards that survive off nothing?

bugs me how i can do little next to nothing for helping it, with exception to providing all the information i have on these animals.

end Rant.

any ideas would be great i am working on my parents day and night (trying to get them to let me take it)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tell them that if the iggy was given back to the pet store or even to someone else, there's no guarantee that it'd be taken care of properly by the new owners, that you already know everything there is to know about caring for iggys and that you had proven that in the past with Rita.

Beardediggy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thats the thing they think that because generaly speaking her cage area was messy do to plastic bags and such that the same thing would happen all over again they base all things to come off things that happened previously.

"if it was bad with someone else then you must be the same way"

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
How long had the iggy been with them? Don't they know that it takes time for any pet to warm up to their new environment?

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
that is a shame. poor iguana. Well, hopefully your parents will let you take it, or find a home for it. That sort of stuff ticks me off.

Beardediggy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
not very long goonie maybe a few weeks? ticks me off too they would rather let it "suffer" then let me care for it temporary and then find a home for it.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Do some research and print pic's (use Champs pics) of what neglect looks like and then show them those. If then they still won't change the husbandry or give you the iggy then there really isn't anything you can do except pray for this baby to not suffer too long.
Good luck. :(

Beardediggy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
whiskersmom":e0694 said:
Do some research and print pic's (use Champs pics) of what neglect looks like and then show them those. If then they still won't change the husbandry or give you the iggy then there really isn't anything you can do except pray for this baby to not suffer too long.
Good luck. :(

its not that they wouldnt (im assuming) proper husbandry they just simply dont want to deal with an "evil" lizard nor do i think they are willing to give it the time it needs to go through the taming process

King-Godzilla

Hatchling Member
Well, it took a year for Godzilla to like me (with constant handling as well as reading her bed time storries :study: ), and I've had Minya for a year and she is just starting to come around to tolerating me (she likes my mom better though :roll: ). (I like stubborn iguanas; it makes it all the more worthwhile for me when they are use to people)

Just tell them straight up: if you don't take good care of the animal and don't spend time taming it (and I use "tame" lightly; even after she was conditioned, Godzilla gave me a very painful bite one day when she didn't want to be held), OF COURSE it's gonna be "evil"!

However, if they want to get rid of it, why not direct them here or some other reptile forum. I'm sure someone would want to take it in (I'd love to, but my house is too full of herps right now and I promised my mom not to get any more until we move this year).

Beardediggy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
King-Godzilla":966c3 said:
However, if they want to get rid of it, why not direct them here or some other reptile forum. I'm sure someone would want to take it in (I'd love to, but my house is too full of herps right now and I promised my mom not to get any more until we move this year).
beleive me i have told them about this site and greenigsociety.org its entirely up to them what they do with it i can only give all the help i can and maybe convince my parents to let me take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom