Blue Iguana...Pics Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissajo29

Juvie Member
Hello,
congrats on your baby! so cute! anyway, i know he's not a cuban or blue, but i've had a rhino ig for almost a year now and they are at least in the same cyclura family, so i thought maybe i'd throw my 2 cents in.
i also have mine in a mesh enclosure-you just have to be careful that he doesn't hurt himself climbing those walls-mine ripped a claw out :banghead: luckily no blood and it grew back.
i've also found that mine really enjoys swimming-he gets daily baths in the tub and he swims and swims, then he'll soak for a while. he'll stay in there for an hour if i let him. and it's great exercise :)
as far as care goes, it is pretty much the same as the green igs from what i've read. there really just isn't a lot of info out there on the rock igs. i've found lifespan info ranging from 20-80 years! also, not sure about the cuban/blue mix, but my rhino ig grows really slowly at times and then goes through spurts. when i got him he was around 2 pounds and maybe 2&1/2 feet long. now, in the last year he weighs almost 5 pounds and is around 3-3 &1/2 feet! but he's slowed down growing and i guess it will take him the next 3-6 years to grow to his full 4 feet/20 pounds!
good luck with him!

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Any updates??? More pics???

We're going to trade our last Blue Tegu baby for a 12" Cuban/ Blue hybrid.

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow, I haven't been on BD.org in at least a month. I decided to check in today out of no where, so sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Brody is doing well. He's still snippy and still skittish. He hisses at us and runs around when we try to take him out of his tank, but once we get him out and give him a little affection and tough love, he calms down. He was actually sitting on Mike's shoulder the other night for a good half hour or so.

However, physically, he's doing really well. He LOVES strawberries and doesn't mind his greens. He poos almost everyday. Most importantly, he's definitely growing as he's had about 2 full sheds now.

I'll try to post some pics tonight. There are definitely some, unfortunately not many though as he won't stay still long enough and he HATES the flash. :roll:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those are great pictures of your blue/rock iguana! He is georgeous! :D
You will have a great time with him, & he will eventually tame down the longer that you have him. Good luck with him.
What are the humidity levels that you are keeping him at in the tank?

Tracie

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok so I know it's been a while, and I'm long overdue on an update. So here it is:

Brody is doing real well. Still skittish, but MUCH better. We've learned that he doesn't like to be picked up and held in the hand, but will sit on our laps, shoulders, heads, whatever. We took a tall floor lamp that we had, unplugged it, and put a blanket over it so he'd have something to climb. Yesterday, he was there ALL DAY and didn't move! So we're doing much better! Now for the pics :D

Where's Brody?
IMG_1027.jpg

Here he is!
IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Very nice!! I traded a baby Blue Tegu for a baby Cayman Blue/Cuban Rock iguana a couple of weeks ago. I think he might be a little lighter in color, but he's also smaller.

ronni1221

Juvie Member
Would you stop it with the awesome iguana pics?!?! They are sooo cool. I'm jealous. Too bad I couldn't fit one in my place.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
ronni1221":059be said:
Would you stop it with the awesome iguana pics?!?! They are sooo cool. I'm jealous. Too bad I couldn't fit one in my place.
OK, I'll have to take some more!!! :mrgreen:

ronni1221

Juvie Member
That's right. I'll live vicariously through your photos. :lol: I'll pretend it's a real iguana on my lap and not my laptop. hehe.

LJean

Extreme Poster
So glad to hear he is doing well! Love the new pictures.

I too have to live vicariously thru you. ;)

I had an iggie in my care for a short time and have a love for them still.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
LJean":ebef6 said:
I had an iggie in my care for a short time and have a love for them still.
Cuban Rock Iggies have very different personalities than Green Iggies. I can't describe it since I've never had a Green, but people who've had both prefer the Rocks (or any other Cyclura) by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom