Iguana Found in Eastern Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

Juvie Member
Technically, my neighbors yard. My neighbors know me as that "crazy lady with the zoo", one of them figured it was mine. He found a "large lizard" in his yard. I was at work, so he got my dad. My dad goes over and recognizes the species. A green iguana. But this ain't no baby. This sucker is about 4 1/2' long! Gingerly my father picked it up and thankfully, it was non-aggressive. He calls me and tells me he found a huge iguana and put it in the dog crate. I didn't believe it was THAT big. Get home and OMG...its not an iguana...its an igunadon! Thankfully he is calm. I think either someone lost him or he was purposefully released, either way, it was recently, because I don't think he'd be this nice and calm if he was out there for a long time. So I am putting ads out there and signs up that I found him. If no one claims him, I will adopt him out.

But of course, I have pictures! We temporarily named him Darwin

IMG_2921-1.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

He seems to like my Pleo
IMG_2915.jpg

And for size comparison...I am 5'2
IMG_2925.jpg

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
If he is that calm, he may not be feral. Very handsome male! I hope you find a home for him, just be sure it is someone who can afford to take care of him so that he doesn't end up being released again.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

WOW what a pretty iggy! That doesn't look like a regular green iguana to me. I am sure someone either lost him, or released him purposely.
Good luck finding the owners though.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom