Champ? (for Whiskersmom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
How is Champ doing? It has been a while since we got a champ fix!! I bet he is getting more and more handsome by the day!!!

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Awww, thank you so much for this. Champ is very lucky to have so many people who love him.
Champ is doing great, he's very spoiled and is a big snuggler!!! He sometimes spooks me by how much he wants to snuggle and he's quick about it too! One second he's just standing on his counter looking at me and the next second he's practically climbing my shirt. It makes me jump back a little to see a mini T-Rex launch itself at me! But he never does it to hurt me, Thank God!!!

He still eats like a pig and doesn't like his salad late, if I'm not there with his food by noon he's scratching at his door! And then I get this evil stare, it's really kind of funny because he's really a pussy cat. :roll:

I'll try to get some updated pics tomorrow.

Thanks again for this thread and Champs sends his kisses!

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
whiskersmom":ac723 said:
It makes me jump back a little to see a mini T-Rex launch itself at me!
:lol: That is pretty funny. Yes, it is scary, no matter how well you know them! seing them coming at ya when your not expecting it is startling. haha. It is great that he is doing well. He couldn't have gone to a better home.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I was wondering if it happens to be mating season for iggy's? Champ seems to be a bit more protective over me lately, especially around men. My son-in-law approached me while I was petting Champ and he launched on him, luckily his jaw's snapped shut just before he reached his arm. I've never seen a grown man jump back so fast! :lol: Usually Champ will buff up with men but he's never really been this aggressive. :oops:

I'm in South Florida and my Handsome Jack is going through his first breeding season. I don't know how the seasons work in different parts of the country though? I think I read somewhere that their breeding seasons depend on where you live, the temps, etc.

Handsome Jack isn't at all aggressive (thank the gods) but he does show other displays of being in breeding season such as flashing his goods, restlessness, not eating as much and leaving us presents (seminal exudates). Have you noticed any of these other things?

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
whiskersmom":7ddb8 said:
I was wondering if it happens to be mating season for iggy's? Champ seems to be a bit more protective over me lately, especially around men. My son-in-law approached me while I was petting Champ and he launched on him, luckily his jaw's snapped shut just before he reached his arm. I've never seen a grown man jump back so fast! :lol: Usually Champ will buff up with men but he's never really been this aggressive. :oops:
haha, aww, he is protetive! Yeah, it is getting into mating season right about now. So, this is normal. You have a bundle of iggy testosterone on your hands! haha.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry it took me longer then I said....here's some updated pic's of my fat boy!
Picture204.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Picture206.jpg

He's so healthy and he's such a happy boy, I still can't believe he's the same iggy that I brought home a little over a year ago! What a difference! :shock:

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Harley's Mom, I've been watching for the seminal exudates and yep, he's leaving them around his room...so I guess he really is in 'season'! :shock:
melissajo29, I'm not too sure when they start this, I don't know how old Champ is, he was rescued from a horrible person, but he's really just started acting this way this year. :dontknow:

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
OMG Sherri he is HUGE :shock: What a beautiful boy!!! I am totally amazed at his size.*patting you on the back* :D
Now you have to post a pic (or a link) of what he looked like when he first came to you,just so any new ppl reading this thread can appreciate the huge difference :D

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Michele, it even freaks me out to see the before and after pic's...he was so skinny and sad....

Picture1206.jpg

Picture1215.jpg

Picture1214.jpg

I'm so happy he pulled through and I hope he will be with me for a long long time.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:shock: Holy guacamole!!! Champ is huge!! He looks so happy and obviously well fed :D
I still can't get over how sad he looked when you first iggy-napped him.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I know Gina, he's a totally different iggy now! And I love every pound of him. :lol:

I wanted to say excuse the mess on his counter, that's cactus pear and there's one thing I can not say about Champ and that he's a tidy lizard!!!! There's always food smeared somewhere no matter how much I clean up after him! :roll:

melissajo29

Juvie Member
what a wonderful recovery! he's gotten so big since you got him-what are his before and after weights?
awesome job-he looks so much happier! :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom