Champ? (for Whiskersmom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
aww! he looks so good!! I wish my male was that big!! I am jealous!! Brain is very undersized from being malnurished for most his life. but He never regained much body weight like champ did, Brain thickened out some, but is a 'female' sized male! Champ needs to come teach Brain a thing or two!

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
melissajo29":1a84e said:
what a wonderful recovery! he's gotten so big since you got him-what are his before and after weights?
awesome job-he looks so much happier! :blob5:

I seriously don't have a clue about the weights....my beardie scale doesn't go up that high. :oops: I do need to take him to the vets soon for a check up so I'll get a weight on him then.
As for his recovery I think it's all due to his huge will to live. He couldn't even walk on his own when I first got him but the light in his eye's was always there and he never fought me on the syringe or medications, it's like he knew I was doing what was best for him.

aww! he looks so good!! I wish my male was that big!! I am jealous!! Brain is very undersized from being malnurished for most his life. but He never regained much body weight like champ did, Brain thickened out some, but is a 'female' sized male! Champ needs to come teach Brain a thing or two
Tell Brain to just eat everything he see's and do it all day long!!!! He'll get fat on ya! :wink: Honestly, I feel kind of guilty because everything I've read says to feed them once a day but I find myself checking his bowl several times a day to make sure there's food in it so that he can eat all day long. I think we are both still traumatized by his starvation and can't stop the madness!
Brain knows that big things come in smaller packages. :D

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tell Brain to just eat everything he see's and do it all day long!!!! He'll get fat on ya! :wink: Honestly, I feel kind of guilty because everything I've read says to feed them once a day but I find myself checking his bowl several times a day to make sure there's food in it so that he can eat all day long. I think we are both still traumatized by his starvation and can't stop the madness!
Brain knows that big things come in smaller packages. :D
He's little, but he's a stud!! HAHA. And he already does eat everything in sight!! He is a little piggy! But I do wish I was home to feed him several times a day, I bet he would eat. And really, I never understood the whole 'feed once aday' thing, because in the wild they graze all day long. :roll: But I suppose they are the experts!
I know he won't eat much right now, he is hurting pretty bad with the broken hand.

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
He's little, but he's a stud!! HAHA. And he already does eat everything in sight!! He is a little piggy! But I do wish I was home to feed him several times a day, I bet he would eat. And really, I never understood the whole 'feed once aday' thing, because in the wild they graze all day long. But I suppose they are the experts!
I know he won't eat much right now, he is hurting pretty bad with the broken hand.
I just bet he is....stud/piggy and all things good in iggyville!!! :lol:

You're right, they do graze all day long so why would we limit them? Hmmm, something to think about I guess. :roll:

I'm so sorry, I probably already should know this but what happened to Brain's hand? :(

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
whiskersmom":b92ea said:
I'm so sorry, I probably already should know this but what happened to Brain's hand? :(
We actually don't know. I noticed his hand was swollen one morning. And I know it wasn't like that the day before, because I have an obsession with lizard hands, I think they are adorable. Everytime I pet him, i touch his hands. So, I would have noticed before. We took him to the vet and he fractured his third metacarpal in his left hand. There are pics of his x-ray and hand splint in the photo expressions section. I believe the thread is called "my poor handsome man"

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
This counter top that is outside of Champs 'room' has become his favorite spot. I put down slate and then put a human grade heating pad, wrapped in a receiving blanket with a spot light for heat from above. He sleeps there alot and doesn't appreciate me waking his Highness up!!!!

Picture213.jpg

Picture215.jpg

Notice how he's starting to stand up and become the "big man" saying 'back off, i need my beauty sleep'?
Picture211.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sherri,

GREAT job with Champ! He looks absolutely awesome! :blob8: He is such a big handsome man now!
I knew that he would make it through all of that with you.

Tracie

whiskersmom

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Awwww Tracie, thanks so much....I had my doubts in the beginning but he sure did pull through, didn't he? :D It's great how he went from being so frail to the king of his world now. Looking back, it's been an awsome experience, not that I advocate neglecting an animal but if I ever had the chance to do it again, I'd do it in a heart beat! :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Sherri,

Well, Champ just needed a kind soul such as YOU to take him in. Look at him he is thriving! He looks so happy & content now. That is so awesome. Rescues can be very rewarding, that is for sure.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom