Fl iguanas ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischa

Juvie Member
WoW I hate people like this there are no problems with Iguanas its just peoples stupid phobias. Why should we trap these animals or even kill them just because they are doing what God intended them to do and that is to breed. I mean an Iguana isn't going to just start attacking kids and animals, they are pretty docile unless provoked.

TheSmpsnsG85

Sub-Adult Member
mischa":6a633 said:
WoW I hate people like this there are no problems with Iguanas its just peoples stupid phobias. Why should we trap these animals or even kill them just because they are doing what God intended them to do and that is to breed. I mean an Iguana isn't going to just start attacking kids and animals, they are pretty docile unless provoked.
As much as I hate to see Iguanas getting euthenized, it is a necessity in Florida. Iguanas are an invasive species, they are not native to the united states, and they are destroying the ecosystem there. I don't think they are going to attack someone or an animal unprovoked, but they do damage the plantlife there. I have worked with iguanas for years, and they are a flight not fight type animal, unless they are cornered or it is another iguana that they are deuling with.
Iguanas are in florida because people let their pets go wild when they cannot care for them anymore, the only reason that it blew up there is because florida is a perfect environment for iggies, they cannot survive most anywhere else in the U.S. It literally has gotten the the point where they have no choice but to kill them.
I know it's not their fault, but feral iguanas are very difficult to rehabilitate, and it is hard enough to find homes for captive bred iggies, let alone wild ones with an attitude!
It is a shame, I do wish that there were more vets that can spay iguanas, because they can do a catch-sterilize-release program like they have with feral cats. That way they can help keep down the population without killing all of them. It's not like a cat, who can have 5-10 kittens, iggies can have as many as 40-60 hatchlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom